Wednesday, March 9, 2011
Papertrey Dolls BLOG HOP
Thanks to our wonderful member, Lee Anne, the Dolls are hosting our first Blog Hop. I hope you are having fun hopping along. We are all very excited. As you probably know, Lee Anne challenged us to make a card that incorporates one item from each of the letters of our favorite company, PTI.
For my card, I chose Pure Poppy ink and patterned paper for my for my P. I used Tin Types stamp set and twine for my T, and PTI ink for my I.
Here is my card.
The next up on our Blog Hop is Renee. Go check her out! In case you need to get back to the Papertrey Dolls, click HERE. Everyone is welcome to play along, just link your project on our blog page! There are two contests, one for comments and one for a Doll's project, so be sure to leave comments as you hop along.
Lee Anne also asked us to tell all of you more about ourselves.
I am a native Texan. I was born in Dallas. I went to the University of Texas in Austin in 1989. I met my husband at UT in 1991. We got married in 2000 and have two little ones. A girl, 5 and a little man, 3 1/2. I teach 8th grade History in a GREAT middle school in Austin.
I found PTI with a friend of mine after a Google search in 2007. We were SO excited by their sentiments and unique images. We went crazy and she bought a ton of stamps. We were such Noobies. About a year later, I started following the release parties.
Now I am an avid follower of all things PTI. My favorite part of PTI is all they do to teach us new techniques and ways to expand our craft. I love the quality of their products and the way their product coordinate paper, ink, ribbon and, now, FELT. WOW, could I ever say enough about them?
I am a BRAND new member of the dolls. I am having so much fun! Its great to have a mini-community within the PTI community. LOVE ya'll :)
As you can see, right now my fav color combo is aqua mist and pure poppy with a touch of sweet blush.
I thought it would be fun to talk a bit about our fav DT members at PTI. I am completely overwhelmed by Melissa Philips, Betsy Veldman and Dawn McVey. I have followed their work for some time now, and I LOVE what they make. I have recently started to really study their work. I am so happy to have such talented artists from which to learn.
Ok, cannot wait to see what all the DOLLS have made! Here's to a great hop.
All the participants are listed here:
Lee Anne (Lee Anne)
Laurie W. (Laurie Beth)
Deena (honugurl16)
Leish (leish)
Amy (kolling143)
Suzanne (*suzanne*)
Katie (choc0holic)
Laurie (In My Craft Room)
Cecilia "C" (camvds)
Michelle (abzzymom)
Sara (hiinaz)
Tanna (tfiskers)
Renee (Renee L.)
Kristin (jcmom04)
Christy (christea)
Lee Anne, we cannot thank you enough!
Hugs,
Tanna
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


37 comments:
I love your card and all things PTI too! Glad to meet you, Tanna!
I love your card. It reminds me of Betsey Veldman's style, which is a very, very good thing.
Love, love, love your card!
This is really beautiful! Love the way you mixed the colors! Welcome again to the Paper Dolls!! So glad you are part of the group!
Such a beautiful card! I love the colors and patterns you chose! And I love all the layering!
Great card, love the layering on the die cut. How fun to have your Paper Dolls group.
TFS
Ang
Wonderful card Tanna. Glad you could join the Dolls!
What a pretty card!!
The colors are delicious. And I love the bow with the ribbon. So Dawn! Beautiful card. And wow, a LOT of us are teachers!
Absolutely love, love this card!
The colors are some of my favs to use together...
and that patterned paper is GORGEOUS!
Such an incredible card...
love getting to know you and so glad to be a Doll with you!
Great card and beautiful use of papers and color!
Terrific color combo! Love the card!
Hey, we could open our own middle school..we've got all the CORE subjects covered! =)
Absolutely adorable card.
I am very glad that you are a new member to the paper dolls, because you are an awesome stamper! Your card has great colors and such a neat vintage-y feel :) It was a lot of fun to read your bio, too. Thanks for sharing!
Wow, we have another Texan in our group! I loved reading about you, and your card is gorgeous! I have been to Dallas and I have to tell you how much I enjoyed it there. I thought the people were SO friendly!
Beautiful shabby chicness here, Tanna :o! your card came out so beautiful.
Great card Tanna! I like the stitching and the ribbon treatment. You color combination is wonderful too. It's been fun getting to know you better. If I ever get a chance to visit Texas I'll be getting in touch with you and Lee Anne.
This is a wonderful card (love that paper- I have it too and can't get enough of it!). You have such a GREAT feel to it :-).
I am really enjoying getting to know other *dolls*- I'm in North TX and have been here my whole like (in TX)- I graduated from Tx Tech a LONG time ago, but it is nice to see a fellow Texan! I visit Austin often- my dad lives there so we go a lot :-)- such a great area!
GREAT job on the card, Tanna - Betsy would be so proud :) You combined all the patterns and textures so beautifully! Plus those colors are just delicious.
8th grade - my all-time favorite :) Science & history sometimes plays second fiddle to english & math, but aren't they the best ;)
Love the vintage flair of this pretty card, the colors and papers are beautiful!!
Great color combo, I really like your card.
What a beautiful vintage card! TFS. :)
Love the ribbon and patterned paper. Beautiful card.
This is beautiful, Tanna! It looks like Betsy might have made it! Love the shabby chic look! Those papers are gorgeous! It's been great getting to know you better. Glad to have you as part of the Dolls.
Gorgeous card! I love the colors! I will have to try that combo! The layers and the edging are wonderful and just the right touch!
Great mix of color and pattered paper. Your red bow really pops, especially with the button tied on using twine with your little birthday wishes tag. Love the way you layered everything.
Oh my, these are absolutely stunning--all of the creations that I am seeing on your blogs. I just discovered the Paper Dolls and am so excited that I have added all of you to my favorites for inspiration. Thank you!
Tanna, it's been such a pleasure getting to know you this past month. Your blog brings fresh new cards/ideas and I so enjoy visiting! Your card has a bit of shabby flair with the stitching and pattern paper combination and I love that color palette too! What a fun ribbon treatment as well....love that big button center with the tag sentiment! Have a great weekend!
I love the whole thing, but that red bow makes it all pop!! Great job!
very pretty!!
the dt is always so inspiring!
I am so loving the vintage feel of this! That PP ribbon is my FAVE!! This card is so pretty!!
Beautiful card, and nice color combo, Tanna!!
Ooh, Tanna, I love these colors together! They give it a brightness that you don't see often enough with the vintage style. Gorgeous!
Super use of your patterned papers....your bow is so perfect and I like the little hanging tag...so polished and pretty!
Tanna, what a great card. The red bow and I am such a fan of that patterned paper. The distressing on the card gives it such a vintage feel too. Loved it.
This card makes me want to "Wish Big"! I love it!
Lovely card, Tanna! I love the color combo! :)
Post a Comment